Things have not been going well for Dion Waiters. The Miami Heat shooting guard has not played in a game this season, and that streak continued Friday under bizarre circumstances.
According to Miami radio host, Andy Slater, Waiters ingested too many "gummies" while the team was in flight from Phoenix to Los Angeles and passed out.
"He had a seizure when he was finally woken up, I’m told," Slater tweeted.
Waiters had recovered enough by game time to be able to sit on the bench and watch as Miami fell to the Lakers 95-80 at Staples Center.
UPDATE: Dion Waiters is the Heat player who had medical emergency on team plane, I’ve confirmed.— Andy Slater (@AndySlater) November 9, 2019
Waiters overdosed on “gummies,” sources say, and was passed out when plane landed.
He had a seizure when he was finally woken up, I’m told.
Waiters was listed out tonight (illness)