All weekend, the web has been talking about the sudden death of DJ AM, who was found dead in a New York apartment on Friday (August 28).
If you've been keeping up with the details, you know by now that a "crack pipe" and bottles of prescription pills were found.
AM (real name: Adam Goldstein) was a recovering addict, who had been sober for years. While its come out, that he was getting over a break-up, his death has been ruled a accidental overdose, and not a suicide like some sources had speculated.
In a recent interview with MTV, in support of an upcoming reality show about drug abuse, the late DJ detailed an episode where he bought a crack pipe, just to show how easy they were to obtain.
During the clip, he revealed that crack was his drug of choice. "I bought a crack pipe ... that was my drug of choice. And I walked out and I'm holding it ... and then I realized after I was holding it that my palms were sweaty and I was like, 'Wait a minute, this is not smart for me to be holding this.'"
Crack was found by his lifeless body when authorities arrived onto the scene, dead from an apparent drug overdose.